Well, first I just wanted to let everyone know that Ben got his stitches out yesterday, where I had to explain to yet another doctor just what had happened. (Parents, try to avoid this situation at all costs!). Also, about 4 or 5 days ago Ben got his first tooth; it's in the front on the bottom. His other front bottom tooth is right there and should come through any day now. This is the earliest any of our kids have gotten teeth, and it has been pretty uneventful. Some fussiness, but compared to Adam who would run a 103 degree temp for 2 or 3 days with every tooth, this is nothing. Thank heavens. Ben has also started getting around on his belly even more, and his movements are now resembling the army crawl more. Unlike my brother's baby, Ben still puts everything in his mouth. Who knows what that kid has swallowed!
I had a little accident on Saturday. I was helping Lizzy down the stairs and just slipped. I twisted my knee up pretty bad, so life has required a few adjustments the last couple of days. It is starting to feel a little better, so hopefully it won't take too much longer to get back to normal. I am going to see someone about it today. Thanks to Greg for all he has done to take up the slack for me. Wouldn't you know it would be klutzy me to fall on the stairs, and NOT one of the kids.
It has been awful weather here lately. Totally hot, in the upper nineties, totally humid, and no rain. It has made the days seem longer because even the kids won't stay outside for long. Send some rain our way if you have any.
5 comments:
Could you temper the weather a bit before next week? The disadvantage to Allie's throat problems (I tried to spell esphogus but wasn't sure how) is that doctors have to fish out everything she swallows that isn't readily disolvable. The first time they think it was a wad of paper. The second time they think it was scrambled egg so you can't feel bad about that. Preston keeps coming up with pieces of paper in his diaper. It is probably a good thing that we don't know all they eat.
Sorry about your knee Tammy! That's a total bummer and I hope it starts feeling better soon. We keep waiting for Lawson to get some teeth. He has really seemed like he was teething multiple times now over the last 5 months and still nothing. Not too surprising though, considering that his sister is going on 3 1/2 and still is missing her front middle tooth on the top! People are starting to ask if she has already lost a tooth!
Tammy, I hope you didn't reinjure your ACL! That would be very not good.
Todd, that was my big concern too. I heard a loud crack when I slipped and I tried to stand up and my leg just buckled, just like with a torn ACL. I did get it checked out though. All ligaments and cartilage are in tact. He said there is a bit of tissue damage, but that should heal with no problem. I also had it adjusted by a chiropractor. I am doing better but still hobbling around a bit. I told Greg I just couldn't fit knee surgery into my life right now; thank heavens I won't be forced to.
I wish Kathryn didn't have her 2 bottom teeth yet! I certainly didn't consider her cutting teeth at 7 months to be early! She's not the best teether but what do you do!
I'm glad your knee is okay Tammy and that you have a wonderful husband to take care of you and the kids!
Post a Comment