We have been talking it up with Ben, and on Saturday we finally made the switch to a big boy bed. For some of you, you may not consider a toddler bed, a big, boy bed, but anything out of the crib with nothing to contain him anymore is a big, boy bed. He is pretty pleased with himself and the kids have been great at encouraging him. How has he done you ask. Well, he has done really well. The first night or two he was afraid to get up at all after exhortations by both parents, but he has gotten up the last couple of nights, but after he says what he needs to say, and we tell him to get back in bed he does. Naptimes he hasn't gotten up at all. That may be because I close his door all the way at naptime, but not at bedtime. It is fun that he is growing up so much. He is starting to want to be a big boy instead of a baby now, which is pretty tough when your brothers and sisters all call you "baby" instead of using your name. I even got him to wear his church shoes for the first time on Sunday because I called them his "big boy shoes". Now he wants to wear them all the time! He's growing up so much I think in a week or two I will start potty training. He is almost 2 1/2 which is when I started with all the other kids. He is at a fun age, and some of his two year old antics have seemed to die down too. We love Ben!
4 comments:
I'm glad he's transitioning well to his big boy bed. Let us know how potty training goes. I keep thinking that I should be doing it with Lawson, but it is sooo not my favorite thing to do so I'm stalling. And then I keep telling myself, "well, we're going to be taking a couple trips in the next few weeks so we should DEFINITELY wait until after that..." you get the idea. Hope it goes well!
Yay for Ben! Yeah, I second that on the potty training (letting us know how it goes that is). I have always heard girls are easier to train, but Kathryn has shown absolutely NO signs... and with the new baby, I was in no hurry. Now that Hannah isn't so new anymore, it's been on my mind, but still, Kathryn shows nothing. Maybe I'll have to make the first move.
Congratulations and good luck on potty training! I have only done it once and it was not very fun. So I wish you the best. On my blog you asked where Island Park is. It is in Idaho about 30 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone Park. It is a great place!
Catherine
What a cute kid! It's fun that he wants to be a big boy. Sometimes I still have to use that reasoning to get Cam to do stuff!
Post a Comment